Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Nebraska

Life has been soo crazy, and I didn’t have time to blog about one of the most important things this past summer.  It’s been just over a year now, that I moved over 1200 miles to Elkhorn, Nebraska. By far, the best decision I’ve made in my life this far.
Living in Nebraska was such a good experience for me in so many ways.  Taking care of those kiddo’s I grew to really love and care about them. They were (and still are) my best friends!! And I miss them every single day.  The friendships I made with the family, I will always cherish. I was genuinely happy those 5 months of living away.
There were always good and bad days. . . but I wouldn’t trade those bad days for anything.  I learned lessons that I won’t learn anywhere else.  I really grew up and matured living in Nebraska as a nanny.  I learned what was really important in life.  My testimony grew more in those five months which has blessed my life. And I truly learned what it feels like to be a mother.  I can’t wait for the day when I can have my own kids to love and adore just like I did Ali & Jaxson. 
When you think of Nebraska, you probably think of Corn? Boring?  You’re partially right.  There are never ending fields of corn. (the best corn by the way) But it’s definitely not as boring as you would think. There were at least 3 (pretty big) shopping malls 5-10 minutes away. I’ve never seen SO MANY restaurants before in my life.  Everybody is obsessed with football and I got to experience one of their big “husker” football games. yes. their mascot is a corn husk. gotta love it right?? Guess what else Nebraska has? A lake!!! :) The fam and I experienced a very windy, but fun day at the lake.  The kids and I spent a lot of time outside, playing with chalk, at the pool, on the slip n slide, at the park and at the best zoo EVER.  I experienced some pretty crazy storms and got some awesome pictures of clouds!! Nebraska’s clouds are insane.  My least favorite part of Nebraska. . . . the spiders. For some reason, they loved my room/bathroom. They aren’t just any spider, they are monstrous!  My best friend was raid & a cup. Kelli and I were able to go into Iowa for a wine tour. . . pretty interesting, but so cool!  One of my favorite parts of the day was going grocery shopping with Kelli and the kids.  It was an all night adventure, at least 3 stores every time we went, but I always looked forward to it.  Skype was a life savor!!!!  We built forts and had movie nights.  Girls nights were the best (plus Jax) I was really lucky because I was able to go on all their family vacations.  We went to Mt. Rushmore, Camping in Kansas. . Since moving to Nebraska I’ve been to 5 NEW states.  Halloween was a blast, carving pumpkins, trunk-or-treating & seeing the kiddo’s all dressed up.  Experiencing HOT & humid weather. and bitter freezing cold.
I have soo many memories of Nebraska. . . it’ll always be a part of me.  If I could, I would move back in a heart beat.  The Hawke’s family is amazing and so caring! and I love & miss them dearly. Money is tight right now, but I can’t wait for the day to go back to Nebraska to visit.  
To any of you young girls debating on taking a nanny job:  Do it!!! I promise you won’t regret it. You’ll love every single minute of it!  It’s an amazing experience and you grow so much!! I wouldn’t trade my experience for anything!






I can’t believe that it was a YEAR ago, that I packed all my things and drove over 13 hours to my new home.  But I am so glad that I did. :)
xoxo 
Sarah

1 comment: