Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Life is Short, Live it. Memories Are Sweet, Cherish Them.....


Today I had a life changing experience.  I got to the studio around 4:00, as I’m getting ready to start my first class an adorable 4 year old little girl came walking into my class, with a medical face mask and tubes hooked up to her chest. Right then she had my heart. Watching her just sit down from doing the simplest things and saying “oh. I’m so tired”, struggling to breathe and even talk broke my heart.  Not knowing her story I wanted to make sure she enjoyed her first day at dance. Later finding out that little Cadence is waiting for a heart transplant, and that there is a huge chance that she won’t make it until they find a donor. I sat in the office sobbing my eyes out wondering why such a cute, innocent, little girl (or anyone for that matter) would have to go through something like this. I’m so glad that I was able to see Cadence smile and to know that I probably made her day, just by sharing what I love to do. I’m so thankful for a healthy family and close friends, but most importantly I’m grateful for the chance that I was able to meet this sweet little girl to leave an impact on my life. 
"Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can’t change.  Kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything and have no regrets.  Life is too short to be anything but happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment