Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas this year was absolutely perfect. I can't even begin to describe how enjoyable and happy this weekend has been. Spending quality time with my closest friends, and family.  I'm just so lucky to have them in my life. Christmas this year has just made me that more excited for those to come.
Of course, Emily and I moved our lovely mattresses into the basement for Christmas break. . . . it's tradition. Going on four years now. Its a good bonding, 2 week sesh (which really turns into 4 weeks.......okay maybe 7). I feel very blessed to be so close with my siblings.
Aimee had a Christmas Cocktail Party Thursday night with a bunch of friends. It was fun to actually get all dressed up, take pictures, meet new people, and just have a good time with each other.
Saturday night we had our traditional Christmas Eve gathering at the Moultrie's. . . and of course our annual slumber party with the girls in Rachel's room. As always, we attempt to stay up all night.  But the older we get the harder it is to actually accomplish that.  This year we made it until 2:30am. No more waking up at the crack of dawn either.  We were waking up by 8:00 Christmas morning (wish it was later but I'm not complaining)
Christmas this year was a little off schedule, we opened gifts from those who were there when we woke up, and of course did the pickle present.  I also got to talk to my most favorite missionary in the world, a.k.a Masen Ensign!! I was beyond happy, definitely one of the best Christmas presents I could have asked for.  That phone call made Christmas this year 10 times better. I can't wait for him to come home, 60 days :) We went to church as a family and visited Gma & Gpa McKee and also opened our presents from Dad, Joey & TK.
Skyped with Ali on her new laptop, took a lovely drive to look at lights and ended the night going to a movie with a stud. . . . All in all this Christmas was absolutely amazing!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment